How to Transfer Stocks from Cash App? Stock Withdrawal on Cash App
Written by: Admin
In our last post, we discussed how to sell and buy stock on Cash App. Remember how simple it is to buy and sell stocks on Cash App. Tap a few buttons and you get the shares of many big brands. And whenever you wish, again tap a few simple buttons and sell your stocks. But, what if you have to transfer stocks from Cash App? Can you really send your stocks from Cash App to any other wallet? If yes then how to transfer stocks from Cash App? Let's discuss it in the following sections:
Can I transfer stocks from Cash App?
Yes can be the shortest possible answer to this question. But, there are a few things that you need to understand. That's to say that there are some terms to follow to send or transfer Cash App stocks to any other wallet successfully. Let me explain them one by one.
- Firstly, note that you can't send or transfer the fractions of Bitcoin from the Cash App. Let's understand it with an example. Just suppose you have stocks of Netflix, 3M, Facebook, and Twitter. And you want to transfer all shares of 3M to your Robinhood account. You can do so with ease of mind. But, you can't transfer some fractions of 3M shares to your Robinhood account or any other brokerage account.
- Secondly, once you transfer your Cash App stocks to any other wallet, you will not be able to buy stock on Cash App. However, you will be able to use your Cash App investing account to buy and sell Bitcoins on Cash App.
- Thirdly, once you transfer your Cash App stocks to any other wallet, you will not be able to get them back on Cash App. With that being said, I mean, you can’t receive stocks on Cash App from any other wallet. At this point of time, only external transfer of stock is possible on Cash App.
How to transfer stocks from Cash App to robinhood?
Whether you need to transfer stock from Cash App to Fidelity, TD Ameritrade, or Robinhood; you need to use Automated Customer Account Transfer Service or ACATS. Without ACATS you can't withdraw your Cash App stocks to any other wallet. Also, you will be required to have a Cash App investing account number.
Robinhood is one of many popular apps for stock investment. Therefore, in our example, we are supposing that you want to transfer your stocks from Cash App to Robinhood. In case, you are sending your stocks from Cash App to any other wallet, still the process is quite same. So, let's get started with finding your Cash App investing account number. You can find your investing account number on Cash App on your trade confirmation or monthly statement. Below are the steps:
- Select your Cash App profile icon.
- Scroll down and select documents.
- Now choose stocks.
- Then select monthly statements.
- Further, you need to select the year and month.
- Now check out your statement and somewhere your Cash App investing number will be mentioned.
- Open Robinhood app and tap a three horizontal line icon available at the top left corner.
- Scroll down and select banking.
- After that choose stock transfer.
- Tap continue and FAQs will come to your view.
- Read all questions and answers and then tap continue.
- Now the next screen will open up prompting you to choose the brokerage.
- Tap the other and enter the Cash App.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions and transfer your stocks from Cash App to Robinhood.
Can you link Cash App to Robinhood?
Be informed that Cash App and Robinhood are two different entities. Therefore, there is no any kind of direct link between Cash App and Robinhood app. But, still you can send Bitcoin and stocks from Cash App to Robinhood without linking Robinhood to Cash App. Note that, in order to send Bitcoin from Cash App to Robinhood, you will require a Bitcoin wallet address.
So, that is all about how to transfer stocks from Cash App to Robinhood. We are sure if you keep in mind all the information as mentioned above you will not face any kind of problem. If you have any query or confusion, feel free to get in touch with us.