How to use Cash Card safely at Klarna: a simple guide
Written by: Cashapp
You can use a Cash App to make financial transactions safely. Do you want to use a Cash App to do purchasing on Klarna? Unfortunately, Klarna doesn’t allow the Cash App at this time. However, you can use it indirectly on the platform. Follow this guide to know everything on how to use Cash App on Klarna.
Before we make our way to use the Cash App on Klarna, let’s know about Klarna.
What is Klarna?
Klarna is a buy now pay later service or postpay service platform founded in Sweden in 2005. Its services are accessible by approx. 90 million shoppers in nearly 20 countries. Klarna allows you to secure small loans anytime for online and in-store purchases through the Klarna mobile app. It ties up with some popular retailers such as Apple, Macy’s Foot locker, Etsy, and Sephora around the globe which allow you to make affordable payments on big-ticket items.
Is Cash App accepted on Klarna?
Klarna does not accept the Cash App directly at this time. However, users can make their ways to Klarna indirectly. The Cash App users have to follow indirect ways to use Klarna.
How to shop and make payment online on the Klarna app
You need to follow the steps show below to complete the process:
- Open the app and tap the 'shop online’ option.
- Now find your favourite retailer you want to buy from online such as Amazon or Walmart.
- Next press the pink Klarna button once you have taken all the items you want to buy in your cart.
- In the next step, Klarna will create a one-time card. You need to complete the detail below:
- Now hit the Continue button after approving the amount and other details like shipping and taxes.
- Most probably, Klarna performs a soft credit check without affecting your credit score.
- As a next step it will also ask you to add extra to cover shipping and tax.
- Fill the required details that klarna asks like name, birth date, and address. Now, hit Confirm and Continue after you agree with terms and conditions.
- Moving ahead, select the payment plan you prefer.
- It is 0% APR, if you make 4 payments every two weeks.
- You pay with interest, if you make 6 monthly payments.
- Add your bank or credit card info for Klarna after you pick a plan and hit continue.
- Then you can copy the details of your Klarna one-time card.
- Now add a new payment method from the retailer’s checkout screen.
- Paste or apply your one-time card info, or you can do it manually.
- Either you choose paste or do it manually, add the card, choose your billing address, and place the order.
Does klarna accept the Cash App directly or indirectly?
As mentioned above, Klarna is a buy now pay later service that allows online shoppers to purchase without paying in advance. It doesn’t accept prepaid cards including the Cash App card. However, it is compatible with Google Pay and Apple Wallet payment platforms. Luckily, you can link your Cash App card with Google Pay and Apple Wallet. Klarna redirects you to make payment using Google Pay or Apple Wallet and asks you to choose the bank or prepaid card to complete your payment, choose Cash App to make the payment. Here are the steps on how to link a Cash App Card to Google Pay . So, if you want to use the Cash App to Klarna indirectly, link it to Google Pay, the middle man. Before you proceed to link it to Google Pay, make sure you have a free Visa debit card. If you have one, follow the steps below to proceed with:
- Firstly, open Google Pay on your mobile device.
- Now, select the payment method there.
- Click on “Add Card” and confirm by tapping on “proceed”.
- Now, it's time to enter your Cash card details manually. You need to enter the details such as-card number, CVV, and expiry date.
- Further, check your details thoroughly and verify the account details.
- Follow the prompts and finish the card adding steps and you will be notified that your Cash Card has been registered successfully to your Google Pay account.
Note: The same procedure you follow for Apple Wallet to use it to klarna.
- Firstly, open your Apple Wallet on your device
- There, select the + symbol you see on the top right corner of the screen.
- Now click on credit or debit card after which you get prompted to enter your Cash Card information. Here you can either enter the information manually or snap a picture of your Cash Card.
- Once you finish adding the required information, your Cash Card will appear from the Apple Wallet home screen.
- Your Cash App Card will display previews of your Cash Card to verify.
How to pay using Cash Card while making payments on Klarna
Once you have linked your Cash Card to Google Pay or Apple Wallet, you are ready to make payment in no time. Here are the steps:
- Make your purchase from your favourite retailers on Klarna
- Make our pay later schedule as Klarna suggests.
- When you make payment on Klarna using Google Pay or Apple Wallet, you are asked to choose a bank or debit/credit card to make payment, here you can choose your Cash Card (you linked on Google Pay or Apple Wallet).
- And proceed to pay by entering your PIN.
What other cards are accepted on Klarna?
Klarna accepts all the major cards such as Mastercard, Visa, AMEX, Discover. Cash App Card is a prepaid Visa debit card however, it is not accepted on Klarna.
Finally, we can say you can use the Cash App on Klarna but not directly. You have to link your Cash App Card to a third payment platform (a middle man) like Google Pay, Apple Wallet or any other payment system which is accepted on Klarna. Once you complete the Cash Card linking process to the middle App, you are ready to use your Cash card on Klarna.