Amid rising scams and online frauds, the importance of verification has increased like never before. However, there are many tools and software available with the help of which one can stay away from scammers and fraudsters. But, all these tools are not sufficient to curb the severe threats that come with digital services. That's why all the financial services providers have made it mandatory to confirm the identity of their customers. Like many other mobile-based payment apps, the Square Cash App has also made it compulsory for users to confirm their identity. Hence, many people want to know - how do I verify my identity on Cash App? While some others are more specific with their question. They want to know how to verify Cash App with passport.
There is no doubt in the fact that a passport in the US is acceptable as a valid document for identity verification. But, the million-dollar question is - can you confirm your identity on Cash App with passport? If you wish you can contact us to get the answer to this question or read this helping post and clear your doubts.
Can you verify your Cashapp with a passport?
There is no fixed answer to this question. Before clearing your doubts about whether or not you can confirm your Cash App with a passport, it is important to understand the types and processes of verification on Cash App.
See, there are two types of verification on Cash App. One is Cash App Bitcoin verification and the second is identity verification. For Cash App Bitcoin verification you need two things: One is your photo Id proof and the second is an SSN (last four digits if you have not already). And to confirm your identity to send the maximum amount up to $7500 per week you will require to enter your last four digits of SSN only.
Now coming to your question- how to verify Cash App with passport. Be informed that, as a passport comes with a photo of the bearer, so you can use a passport as a valid photo-id proof to verify your Cash App Bitcoin. But, a passport can't be a substitute for the SSN. Whenever Cash App asks, you will have to share the last four digits of SSN. Let's get over it in more detail in the next section.
How can I verify my Cash App identity?
It is super simple. If you successfully confirm your identity on Cash App then not only you will be able to send more and receive unlimited amounts to and from your accounts but also you can unlock a broad range of benefits. Let's get more specific about the benefits that you can get after confirming your identity on Cash App. You can enable direct deposit, get a Cash App card, withdraw Bitcoins, invest money in stocks, and more. These are the steps to follow to confirm your identity on Cash App.
- So, as a first step to confirm your identity, get into the home screen of the Cash App.
- Tap the profile button available at the top right corner.
- Scroll down and tap personal.
- Now type in your required details and enter the last four digits of your SSN.
- Once you enter your details, you need to wait for up to 24 hours.
- Note that identify verification on Cash App is subject to the cross-check of the details and information shared by users.
How to verify Cash App Bitcoin?
Let me clear one thing. Those Cash App users who want to transfer Bitcoin from Cash App wallet to any other app only need to verify Cash App Bitcoin. The process of Bitcoin verification involves sharing a government-approved photo-id proof. It means, you can upload any photo-id proof that carries your photo such as a passport. In case you don't have a passport, you can use a driving license and a state-issued identification card. These are the steps to confirm Cash App Bitcoin.
- Open Cash App mobile application.
- Tap the banking tab.
- Look down a little and select Bitcoin.
- Tap Enable on-Chain Transactions.
- The next screen will open with a message that reads we need a little more information to enable Withdrawal and deposits.
- Now just do as mentioned on the screen.
- Further, you will require to take your photo and upload it to the Cash App along with your passport or driving license.
- Within the next 24 hours, you will get the confirmation for successful Bitcoin verification.
Also Read: How to contact Cash App customer service?