How to Add a Bank Account to Cash App? Explained Everything
Written by: Cashapp
Maybe you want to start using Cash App or you might have already downloaded Cash App mobile application. But, like many other new cashapp users, you probably don't know how to add a bank account to Cash App. Most of you must have experienced with some or other payment app but let me assure you that in terms of safety, fastness, and user-friendliness Square Cash App has no match.
Cash App direct deposit, Cash App card, and Cash App investment are top three main features which are quite popular. These three features only could be availed by those Cash App users who have added bank accounts to their Cash App account. In addition to that, note that linking a debit and credit card to Cash App is also very important to verify your identity. Fast & hassle free payment is an added advantage that comes from registering your bank account on Cash App.
So, the million dollar question is- how can you add a bank account to your Cash App account?
Gladly, the process of connecting a bank account to Cash App is quite simple. In fact, not only it is simple but straightforward as well. All you need is just press a few buttons on Cash App mobile application. You can contact us if you are not able to link your debit card to your Cash App account. Also, we can help you to add your credit card to your Cash App account.
Here below is more information:-
How to add a bank account to Cash App? Where is the banking tab on Cash App?
With the help of Cash App banking tab anyone can link a bank account to Cash App with ease of mind. But first, where is the banking tab on the Cash App? You might have this question in your mind. If yes, then I will be more than happy to clear your doubts.
Remember that, Cash App lets the users add a bank account in three ways. First simple method is to add your debit card to the Cash App. Secondly, you can login to your bank account using the Cash App and link your bank account. Thirdly and lastly but most importantly you can link your credit card as well. A piece of good news is that Cash App supports almost all the valid debit and credit cards issued from the authorized banks in the US.
Now coming to the main question: where is the banking tab on my Cash App home screen? Here is the simple answer. You can find the Cash App banking tab on the bottom left corner of the home screen with a $ sign and balance. Get into it and do as I have mentioned in the coming section.
How to add a bank account to Cash App by online login?
In recent times a lot of things have changed on Cash App. A short time ago what was not possible now has become possible on Cash App. For example, now users can link their bank account to Cash App without using a debit and credit card. And to do so, all you need is just to select your bank account and further, simply login to your bank account. Find below the stepwise instructions:
- Open Cash App on your phone.
- Press the banking tab available at the far bottom left corner of the screen.
- Now scroll down a little, you will find “add a bank account” just below the debit card option. Tap on it.
- Select your bank name from the available list or type the name of your bank in the search box.
- Here comes a login window of your bank.
- Now simply just login to your bank account using your bank login id and secret password.
- And then tap the submit button.
- In the next step, you will get a secret code to your email id or registered phone number.
- Enter that code in the given field and your bank account
How to add a bank account to Cash App using a debit card?
Now let's move on to one of the next important topics: how to add a debit card to your Cash App account?
Believe me the process to link a debit card is super simple. If your debit card is activated and free from all kinds of restrictions, you definitely can link your debit card to your Cash App account with full ease of mind. Have a quick look at the step by step process:
- Launch Cash App mobile application on your phone.
- Select the banking tab available at the far bottom side of the screen.
- Scroll down and select linked bank accounts.
- Now choose a link debit card and follow the onscreen instruction.
- Further, you will be required to share your debit card number, expiration date, and CVV code.
- Once you clear the verification, your debit card will be added to your Cash App wallet.
How to link a credit card to a Cash App?
As you have learned the steps to add a debit card to your Cash App wallet now you can add a credit card as well. Good thing is that the process to link a credit card to a Cash App is the same as the debit card linking process is. So, what are you waiting for? Just select the “link a credit card” option and share your credit card details. Keep doing as mentioned on the screen and complete the process.
Note: On Cash App, without adding a debit card you can't add a credit card. So, first take a minute to add a debit card to your Cash App and then proceed to add your credit card with the help of the same method.
Cash App failed to link a bank account? Can’t link a bank account on Cash App?
There is no doubt that the experience of being unable to add a bank account can be the worst. But, you don't need to worry. This worst looking problem has some simple solution with the help of which you can fix the problems. These are the steps to follow:
- Don't forget that every debit card comes with a specific and predefined expiry date. So, make sure that your card is not expired.
- Remember one more thing that without adding a debit card, you can't add a credit card on Cash App. Therefore, first add a debit card before you add a credit card to your Cash App wallet.
- Ensure that your card or bank account is not temporarily banned.
- If your concern is about adding a second bank account then I have an important piece of information. Note that you can't add more than one bank account on the Cash App. With that being said, I mean, you can have one bank account, one debit card, and one credit card on the Cash App. Adding multiple Cash App bank accounts is not possible as of now.
Note: If all above mentioned tips and tricks don’t help you, feel free to contact us for free consultations. With the help of experts you definitely can add a bank account to Cash App.