Have you ordered a Cash App Card and want to activate it? Don’t fret, this guide will help you know how you can activate your Cash App card. There are two ways you can follow to activate your Cash App card: by scanning QR code and by using CVVand Expiry. Either way, you need a physical debit card. Before knowing ‘how to activate Cash App Card on Android’, here is a brief about Cash App Card.
An overview of Cash App Card
A cash app card is a visa debit card to pay online and in-store for goods and services from your cash app balance. You can pay and receive international payments also there are no monthly fees for using this card. Moreover, there are many benefits of using the cash app card. To activate cash card, you can follow the methods mentioned below:
How to activate cash app card with QR code and without it
You can follow the given below steps to activate your cash app card:
For activating your cash app card, you can follow these two simple methods:
Activate cash app card using QR code
- Go to the home screen of your cash app and tap the cash card tab
- Then, tap your image of the cash card.
- Now tap to activate the cash card.
- Tap Ok when your cash app asks permission to use the camera.
- Finally, scan the QR code available there using the camera.
If there is no longer QR code, you can still activate the cash card app without QR code.
Activate cash app card without QR code
- Go to the cash app card home screen and tap the cash card tab.
- You see the image of the card there, tap on it.
- Now, tap the activate cash card tab.
- From QR code and CVV, choose “use CVV instead”.
- Now, fill the CVV code and expiration date of your new cash card.
Further, you can activate a cash card on the phone and computer with a few step changes.
How to activate cash app card via smartphone
As mentioned above you can activate your cash app card on the phone and computer, here are the steps to activate cash app card via smartphone:
- Firstly, unlock your smartphone to start with.
- Now, launch the cash app and find the cash app card icon at the second left there.
- Below the cash app card icon, you find the “green order button”, tap on it.
- On the next page, you find options to set up your card.
- You can choose the card colour options available there.
- Further, you can customise your card to show your signature or any smiley on it.
How to activate Cash App Card after customising it
There are different options and features to customise your card:
With your cash app card, you get $cashtag and you can see it appear on the card. You can let it appear by tapping the toggle. If the toggle is green, your $cashtag will appear on the front of the card and not if the toggle is white.
Add signature or drawing on the card
On the card icon, you find the “ tap to customise” option, click on it to add signature, drawing or pre-drawn letters.
You can use your finger to draw a signature or can tap to add smiley or pre-drawn letters. Now tap the smiley or pre-drawn letters to appear on your card.
After adding a signature or drawing, on the page, you need to enter the mailing detail where you want to send your cash card to. There, you tap the green ‘Next’ button to confirm.
Enter name and date of birth
On the pages, you can add your first and last name to print it on the card. Further, you can add your date of birth on the card, however, you have to be at least 18 to request a cash card.
Order your card
To order your cash card, enter the last four digits of your social security number. When you tap the “Next” a page pops up confirming that your request has been sent.
How to activate Cash App card on computer system
As mentioned above, you can activate your cash card on both phone and computer. Here are the steps to activate cash app card on computer if you can’t or don’t want to activate on your smartphone:
To activate cash app card on computer, you need to visit the official website and follow the steps mentioned below:
- Log in to www.cash.app
- Balance tab found on the left, tap it.
- Tap on “activate”.
- Then, follow the prompts.
After the activation of the cash app card, you can add it to the Apple store or Google pay store to make domestic and international transactions wherever the visa debit card is accepted.
How to add a cash card on Apple Pay to send and receive payments
Once you add your cash app card to Apple Pay, you can make payments in no time. You can use this card wherever visa debit cards are accepted. Here are the steps you can follow to add your card to Apple Pay.
- Tap the cash card tab on your cash card app.
- Then, tap your cash card photo.
- Now, choose the option “add to Apple Pay”.
- Tap ‘next’.
- Then, read and accept T&C.
- Set your cash card as the default card in the wallet or skip.
- Tap “done”.
Note: You can also send your cash card to Apple Pay from Apple wallet by opening and following the prompts on the apple wallet.
Why are some of you unable to activate cash app card?
You may be unable to activate your cash app card as some of the cards require a fee to add to the cash app. Another reason is, you may have entered the wrong card details.
As mentioned above, you can activate your card and link with Apple and Google Pay for making payments wherever, visa card is accepted. Cash app cards are a fast and convenient way of making payments. Also, we have discussed how easy it is to activate your cash card using your smartphone and computer. Just you need to download the cash app on your phone, launch it and fill in all the details to activate the card