In this helping post, we will be covering an important topic such as Cash App to PayPal money transfer. Also, you will learn how to send money from PayPal to Cash App, link Cash App card to PayPal, and link PayPal card to Cash App. According to your requirement you can jump to any section in this post that matches best to your concern. For more information and assistance, you can contact us directly.
Cash App and PayPal
In the world of mobile based payment apps, PayPal is a king. And on the basis of popularity, if PayPal is king, the Cash App is queen. PayPal is best known for sending and receiving money at global level and for online purchases. On the other hand, Cash App has no match for internal payments among friends, family, and contacts. Also, Cash App offers money investing features that you don't find in many other payment apps. So, for hassle-free payments experience, a large number of people in the US, use these two payment apps.
And those who use Cash App and PayPal, they are desperate to know whether they can send money from Cash App to PayPal and vice-versa. If yes, how? The process to send Cash App money to PayPal is a little tricky and a less known fact so far. So, let's breakdown discussion in segments and understand each one by one.
Can I transfer money from Cash App to PayPal?
Yes is the shortest answer to this commonly asked question. A little search on Google about Cash App send money to PayPal will show that there is no direct way to transfer Cash App money to PayPal. On Google, you will be advised to first send money from the Cash App to a linked bank account and then add money from the bank account to PayPal. This method has become very old. Now you don't need to go through this long method to transfer Cash App money to PayPal. Let's get over this in more detail in the next section.
Cash App to PayPal transfers: How to transfer money Cash App to PayPal?
So, the trick involves using your PayPal routing number and account number to send Cash App money from PayPal. First, you need to find out what your PayPal routing number and account number is. And then you have to enter these details on your Cash App. Got confused? Just relaxed there is nothing to be tensed for. It is quite simple. All you need to do is just do as I have mentioned below:
- Navigate to your PayPal account on your phone, first.
- Tap the gear shaped icon.
- Now scroll down and select the direct deposit tab.
- The next screen will open up with your PayPal routing number and account number.
- Note down these two important information or just minimize the screen and switch to Cash App.
- From the Cash App home screen, tap the balance tab ($ icon available at the far lower left corner).
- Now if you have already added a bank account to Cash App, delete that account.
- Select the bank account.
- Tap the three dots icon and remove your existing bank account (you can add your bank later on).
- Now come back to my cash or balance screen where you need to select cash out.
- Enter or select money using a slider that you want to transfer and choose standard type transfer (instant transfer will not work in this case).
- Here comes a situation where you need to play a trick.
- And the trick is not to select the bank from the available option.
- Just enter some random alphabets in the search box such as XYZ.
- Now you will get an option to add a bank manually.
- Enter your PayPal routing and account number in the given field.
- Finally, you will get a message for a successful transfer.
How to link Cash App card to PayPal?
Note that Cash App Visa cards are powered by Sutton Bank. And Sutton is a big brand name in the banking industry. So, it means it must be supported by all other payment apps as well. So, you certainly can link your Cash App card to PayPal with ease of mind. All you need is just select the gear shaped icon from the PayPal home screen. Further, choose add debit card and then follow the onscreen instructions. Once you enter your Cash App card details in the given fields, your cash card will be added to PayPal.
How to link PayPal card to Cash App?
You might be surprised but the fact is Cash App does not support PayPal cash cards. So, even if you try to add PayPal card details on the Cash App at the end you will get a "card not supported” message. In future, if Cash App starts supporting PayPal cash cards we will update this post with a method to do so.
PayPal to Cash App: How to transfer money from PayPal to Cash App?
How do I send money from PayPal to Cash App? Some curious readers might have such a question in their mind. Answer to this question is Yes. You can transfer money from PayPal to Cash App. Now you might guess- how? Of course, you need to add your Cash App account to PayPal first using your Cash App routing number and account number. Note that Cash App has two associated banks: Lincoln Saving Bank and Sutton Bank. Your Cash App routing number might link to any of these two banks. You can find out the exact bank name on the Cash App direct deposit section. These are steps to follow to link a Cash App card to a PayPal account using a PayPal mobile application.
- Open PayPal.
- Select the gear icon.
- Now tap banks and cards.
- Then tap the plus icon available in the top right corner.
- Now tap add a bank account.
- Select checking account
- Now enter your Cash App routing number and bank account number.
- Tap link this bank and tap agree.
- Now you will get a message that says you can transfer money to this bank account.
- As you have linked a Cash App account to your PayPal wallet, just tap the transfer money button.
- Finally, select the Cash App bank account (Lincoln Saving Bank or Sutton Bank).
- That is how you can add a Cash App account to PayPal and send money from PayPal to the Cash App.