An accidental payment on Cash App can cause you to spend many sleepless nights. Why not? Cash App is a fast payment app. Once you tap the send button on the Cash App money is instantly transferred in just a blink of an eye. Hence, it is quite normal to grow anxious and fearsome after sending money to the wrong person. If you have ever sent money to any wrong person on Cash App, you might have asked yourself a question – how to cancel a Cash App payment?
Just to be very clear, when people ask “how do I cancel my Cash App payment”, they might have two meanings. One is “how to cancel a payment of Cash App that is pending”. Secondly, “how do you cancel your Cash App payment that is completed”. Gladly, in this post, we are going to discuss both scenarios.
As we are talking about how to cancel a Cash App transaction, it is important to mention that all Cash App payments could not be canceled or revoked. But, what about the incomplete Cash App payments? Can you cancel them? Let’s find out the answer to this commonly asked question.
How to cancel a Cash App payment that is pending?
If you are scratching your head in suspense and silently wondering how to cancel a pending transaction on Cash App then listen carefully to what I am going to tell you. Pending payments or you can say “in-progress Cash App payments” can be canceled. But, you have to be very fast because Cash App pending payments could be confirmed at any point in time. And once the payment status is changed from “In Progress” to “Completed” or “Successful” then canceling the Cash App payment will not be possible. So, acting fast without any second thought can be the most logical thing to do to cancel a pending Cash App payment.
These are the steps to follow to cancel your Cash App payment that is pending:
- So, as a first step, open the Cash App application on your phone.
- Now from your Cash App home screen, select the activity tab.
- Once you get into the activity tab all of your Cash App payments will come into your view.
- Scroll down and up to find and select the payment that you want to cancel.
- Now check the status of the payment first.
- If the Cash App is showing the status of your payment as “Pending” then an option to cancel the payment will be available. Tap it and your payment will be canceled within a matter of a few seconds.
Why can’t I cancel a pending payment on Cash App?
A situation of being unable to cancel a pending payment might be quite a frustrating experience for the users. However, it doesn’t happen all the time. But, the delay in canceling a pending payment on Cash App can let the status of the payment change from “Pending” to “Completed”. And in such a case, you will not be able to cancel your Cash App payment. So, the idea here is to check the following points and consider the steps:
- Check and make sure your internet connection is working fine.
- If your Cash App mobile application is hanging and freezing then consider updating Cash App mobile application.
- Ensure the status of your payment is pending before trying to cancel it.
- Turning off and turning on a phone can really be helpful to flash out the excessive load if there is any on your Cash App mobile application.
- If the problem remains as it is then feel free to contact the Cash App customer service.
How to cancel a Cash App payment that is completed?
You might spend a whole day in search and attempt of canceling a Cash App payment that is completed but all of your efforts and energy will definitely go in vain eventually. Do you know why? Because due to security-related concerns Cash App doesn’t allow the users to cancel the completed payments. The option of “canceling a payment” doesn’t appear with the completed payments. In such a case, contacting the Cash App customer service can be the best thing to do.