Can I use my Direct Express card on Cash App? A simple guide
Written by: Cashapp
Unfortunately, you can’t use your Direct Express card on Cash App. As of now, Cash App only accepts debit and credit cards from Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. Direct Express is a prepaid debit card created especially for those people who receive various government benefits or social security benefits electronically. Unlike traditional debit or credit cards, A Direct Express card can’t be used to make purchases or withdraw Cash. Cash App doesn’t support the Direct Express card but there are other prepaid debit cards supported on this platform. Continue your reading to know more:
Cash App vs Direct Express Card
Cash App is a very popular financial app in the US and UK. It is nearly a bank alternative for some people who are not having a traditional bank account. Cash App users are growing exponentially every year. Further, it is a billion-dollar app with millions of active users. People love its simple UI, security, and some other advanced features not available in other financial apps.
Direct Express Card
Direct Express card is a prepaid MasterCard debit card created and created by the federal government. Federal government issued this card for people who are enrolled in the Social Security Administration’s Direct Deposit program. Beneficiaries can use this card to make purchases, pay bills, or withdraw cash from ATMs. Moreover, they can also use this card to shop online or over the phone.
How to get a Direct Express MasterCard
The Direct Express card is a prepaid debit card issued for those who receive benefits from the federal government. Comerica Bank issues this card for eligible people to receive Social Security, Supplemental Security income, or veterans affairs benefits.
However, never try to consider it a credit card as it is a MasterCard prepaid debit card.
Can I use my Direct Express card on Cash App platform?
No, you can’t use your Direct Express card on this app as it is a government-issued benefit card. Cash App doesn’t support any of such cards including the Direct Express card.
What benefits you get for using a Direct Express card
Direct Express cards are designed by the federal government to receive different types of government benefits. Here are some of the benefits Direct Express card holders enjoy:
- Direct account deposit: you get government benefits directly deposited to your Direct Express account. Direct deposits help you avoid losing or misplacing a check.
- Online bill payments: you can use it to pay bills Online and to save time you used to waste on paper bills and checks.
- Security: the government benefits are transferred directly to Direct Express accounts and therefore, there is no insecurity, no risk of loss or theft. Further, you get added security of measures of FDIC insurance.
- Convenience: The Direct Express card is convenient as it allows you to make purchases anywhere a MasterCard is accepted.
How to get a Direct Express card
If you are eligible for receiving federal government benefits, you should get a Direct Express card. Applying for a Direct Express is very simple and quick. You can apply for Direct Express either on its official website (Direct Express) or by calling the enrolment centre at 1-800-333-1795. Moreover, you can also request a card by visiting your local federal paying agency. There is no sign-up or monthly account fee.
Note: There is no sign-up or account maintenance fees.
What should you do after receiving your Direct Express card?
Soon after receiving this card, you need to inform the U.S. Social Security Administration, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, or other federal agencies that pay you. Moreover, Direct Express also sends your information to agencies to deposit benefits to your account.
How to use your Direct Express card to get cash back
With your Direct Express card, you can make purchases to get cash back at stores
- Visit a store and hand over your Direct Express card to the cashier there. Then, the cashier will ask to enter your PIN or you have to provide your signature.
- Also, use your card at the checkout and follow the onscreen prompts on the screen.
- You get Cash back at stores without any fees
- Enter the cash back amount or you can also tell the cashier to enter the amount of cash you want.
- Whatever amount you spent on purchasing plus cashback will be deducted from your card account balance.
How does Direct Express card make spending easy?
The Direct Express card is a MasterCard and therefore you can use it anywhere around the globe a MasterCard is accepted. In short, you can use it at grocery stores, gas stations, doctor’s offices, restaurants, departmental stores.
How to find a surcharge free ATMS that accepts Direct Express card
Many of the ATM owners apply withdrawal fees or to use their ATMs. however, you can locate a surcharge free ATM nearby you. To do so visit the usdirectexpress.com/atmlocator page and follow the instructions given below:
- Firstly, enter your city, state or zip code in the box.
- Click on the “view more options” there.
- Then, “features-optional”
- Select “Surcharge Free Alliance” from the given options.
- Then, “All Surcharge Free”
- Then, click on the “Find” button to initiate the search.
We conclude by stating that you can’t use a Direct Express card on Cash App. We have already mentioned the reason why you can’t do so. However, there are many prepaid debit cards which are accepted on Cash App. Further, you can go through the above guide to know more about the Direct Express card and how to get it. Since a Direct Express card is a government issued debit card, Cash App does not support any of such cards.
Also Read: How To Contact Cash App customer service?